First Call Resolution

First Call Resolution

Welcome to the Convin glossary. I’m Conviner - your call center terminology assistant. 

FCR rates range from 70-90% in the telecommunications industry to as low as 45% in the healthcare industry.

1. What Is First Call Resolution?

First Call Resolution (FCR) is a metric used in call centers to measure the ability of an agent to resolve a customer's issue during their first interaction with the customer without requiring the customer to follow up or call back again. 

FCR is an important measure of customer satisfaction and operational efficiency in call centers. It indicates the effectiveness of the agent's communication and problem-solving skills and the quality of training, tools, and processes. Improving FCR can lead to higher customer satisfaction, lower costs, and increased productivity for call centers.

2. How To Improve First Call Resolution? 

Here are some ways to improve First Call Resolution (FCR) in call centers:

1. Provide Comprehensive Call Center Coaching

Agents need to be equipped with the right skills, knowledge, and tools to address customer issues effectively.

2. Improve Call Routing And Queue Management

Routing calls to the most qualified agent or team based on customer needs can help reduce transfer rates and improve FCR.

3. Use Customer Data To Personalize Interactions

Having access to customer history and preferences can help agents understand the customer's needs and provide personalized solutions.

4. Implement Self-Service Options

Providing customers with self-service options, such as chatbots or knowledge bases, can help resolve simpler issues quickly, freeing up agents to handle more complex issues.

5. Monitor And Measure FCR Performance

Tracking FCR performance and identifying areas for improvement can help call centers implement targeted solutions and measure their effectiveness.

6. Provide Feedback And Coaching To Agents

Regular feedback and coaching sessions can help agents improve their communication and problem-solving skills, leading to higher FCR rates.

7. Focus On Continuous Improvement

Continuously evaluating and improving processes, tools, and training can help call centers stay ahead of changing customer needs and expectations and maintain high FCR rates.

3. What Is First Call Resolution Formula?

The First Call Resolution (FCR) rate is calculated using the following formula:

FCR Rate = (Total number of calls resolved on the first contact / Total number of calls received) x 100

For example, if a call center received 1,000 calls in a day and resolved 800 of those calls on the first contact, the FCR rate would be:

FCR Rate = (800 / 1,000) x 100 = 80%

This means that 80% of the calls were resolved on the first contact, while the remaining 20% required additional contacts with the call center to resolve the issue.

First Call Resolution Formula
First Call Resolution Formula

That was all about first call resolution. WANT TO KNOW MORE? 

Sign up today!
Go Back

How about a free demo on Convin to reduce
agent ramp-up time by 60%?

When your client's security and privacy are guaranteed, enable agents to positively impact customer interactions and make customers stick around longer.

Bhive Workspace No.112,AKR
Techpark, A-Block, 7th Mile
Hosur Road, Krishna Reddy,
Industrial Area,
+91 7011464590, +91 8802881329
2093 Philadelphia Pike #5025
Claymont, Delaware 19703
(+1) 6282095776